L-R : The Old Lighthouse, The Old Coastguard Cottage and the start of Anson Villas.
Villas is the name given to all the river-front cottages apart from The
Old Coastguard Cottage and The Old Coastguard Station, commemorating
HMS Anson, a 1,741 ton, 74-gun ship-of-the-line built in Paull in 1812,
just nicely in time for the Napoleonic Wars. The wooden stocks where
HMS Anson was built can still be seen on the beach at low tide.